Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pear Berry Salad


I am allergic to shellfish, so when we went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Charleston, my dining options were a bit limited.  They did have some nice looking burgers, but you don't go to Bubba Gump's for a burger.  They had barbeque, but I lived in Memphis for 15 years which made me a BBQ snob.  I am way too hard to please so I don't generally order it, unless I'm in Memphis. ;)

So I ordered the only other option I had, Pear Berry Salad, and all I can say is YUMMO!
When we got back to GA, I went to the Bubba Gump website to find the nearest restaurant.  I thought Atlanta had everything.

I was wrong.

The closest Bubba Gump is in Gatlinburg, TN.  Our other options would be Central Florida and Charleston.  I love that Pear Berry Salad but I'm not driving to another state to eat it.

So I came up with my own version and it is a good substitute and will be on our lunch menu regularly.  Here's the recipe for my version.

1 5 oz pack baby spinach or spring mix (BG uses spring mix; I substituted spinach bc I could not find a good pack of spring mix and found I prefer the spinach)
1 pint strawberries, sliced thinly
2 bosc pears, pealed and sliced thinly
2 chicken breats, cooked and shredded or cubed
1/4 cup chopped pecans
feta crumbles
raspberry vinaigrette dressing

Layer chicken, berries, pears, and spinach.  Top with pecans, feta crumbles and dressing.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That sounds so yummy -- everything I like!