Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm alive!

Hi friends!  I am alive and well!

Were you ready to file a missing person report?

I have NEVER let my blog go unattended for over a month!  Poor January 2012 has no entries- the only month since I started this blog that I have not written anything.  I didn't even pull something from the archives.  Incroyable!

Well, while I was MIA in the Blogosphere, I was actually quite involved in the IRL-O-Sphere. 

In recent weeks, my family has faced a substantial trial.  I know a very broad statement like that stands to pique curiosity and cause you to wonder, perhaps even worry, so let me lay a few things to rest.  My marriage is healthy as are the children.  Michael didn't lose his job, and our house is still standing.  Nonetheless, our world has been turned inside out and upside down and then given a good shake.

I have been on an emotional Tilt-A-Whirl unlike anything I have ever experienced, and even though no one has passed away, I have experienced a season of mourning.

But God makes all things new, and I have spent a lot of time meditating on Scripture and my heavenly home.  My mind is on heaven, but by the grace of God, my feet are back on the ground and the dizziness brought on by the Tilt-A-Whirl is subsiding.  I don't know if I'm back to full-on running my race, but, praise be to God, I'm not hobbling along the sidelines, either. 

So, I'm back to Bloggyland and I have some stuff in the queue ready to launch in the next few days.  I have some funny pictures from Memphis to show you, and I plan to share some school changes as well.  We have done some curriculum revamping that has made my life so much nicer!  I also have a bloggy announcement to make soon that will hopefully include a GIVEAWAY! 

And maybe I'll share a lesson or two I learned while on the Tilt-A-Whirl.  Fasten your seat belts, friends, 'cause here ... we ... go.... 

Dawn

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Welcome back!!! Sorry it took me 2 days to see your post - haven't been online much this weekend. I'm so glad you're doing better and will be back to blogging. It's always like I'm having a chat with a dear friend when I get read your blog. : )