First of all, I can't believe I'm three weeks into this weight-loss thing. It has gone sooooo quickly. Amazing how time flies when you're
As promised, I did the make-up swimming session last Thursday. Because I do my weigh-ins on Wednesday, I consider Tuesday the last day of my exercise week which means that technically I only got in one session two weeks ago and did three sessions this week.
But tomAto, tomAHto. I'm moving, and that's what matters, right?
And I'm losing, too.
This week, I lost 3.4 lbs, to be exact!
That brings my total weight loss to 9.2 lbs.
I'm crying over that one, folks, 'cause it has been a tough week, pain wise. I have felt stabbing pains in my back, hip, and foot again this week. I have been able to keep up with my daily schedule and exercise routine but have had to get in bed by 8 each evening and been near tears because it hurts so much. Thankfully each morning, the pain has eased enough that I can get up and go again.
As I was struggling to get through the grocery store yesterday evening, I thought about Christ and all He endured on my behalf. When I feel the stabbing pains, I imagine how much worse those thorns and nails must have felt. The "electrocution" pains are so strong that in that moment, I would do just about anything to make it stop. I know that Jesus could have stopped His suffering, but he remained on the cross in agony until it was finished. Until He had endured God's wrath for my sake, for the sake of all who believe on Him.
Makes hobbling through the grocery store seem less severe, doesn't it?
And it makes this week's weight loss all the more significant. He has been my refuge and strength... my ever-present help this week, as He is every week. To God be the glory. (Psalm 46:1-2)
Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. If I can do the same for you, please leave your requests in comments or email me using contactr (in my sidebar). This week please pray for me in the following ways:
- Please ask the Lord to ease my pain, remove it altogether if He would be pleased to do so. My greatest hope is for this pain to cease; however, I also pray for the grace to live with it and keep working through it for His glory and kingdom purposes, if it be His will.
- Continued success with diet and exercise, more specifically...
- Perseverance with swimming as it is proving to be the only way I can exercise because of the pain. The pain and the cooler temps make it easier to justify skipping a session, or two, or twenty, but go I must, even if I have to crawl there.
- That God would continue to grant me extra measures of grace in these areas and enable me to do these things joyfully while giving Him praise and glory.
- That God would continue to mortify my flesh, accomplish His will, and be glorified.
Again, thank you for praying and to God be the glory.
Happy Dieting and Exercising!