Thursday, October 7, 2010

Round about the Table: Getting to Know You

Hey ladies!  Welcome to Olive Plants.  Please pull up a chair and join me Round about the Table.

Each month, I will bring to Olive Plants the topics covered at my local hsa's mom's meeting.  Most months there will be one Round about post and some months I will include a link list so you can write about the topic of the month at your blog and link back to Olive Plants.  This month there will be more than one post because a lot happened during the September meeting. 

Our meeting was a time of Getting to Know You, and I would like to get to you all better, too.  At the meeting, we played icebreaker games and laughed...a lot... because sometimes that's what we moms need to do.  Our first game was a "speed question" round, and I divided the women in attendance into four groups and provided each group with a set of three questions.  They had ten minutes to take turns answering.

Let's do something similar here and create a cyber-circle.

Below are the three questions and my answers.  To participate, write a post that answers all three questions and publish to your blog.  Please display the Round about the Table icon above (just copy and paste) and be sure to link back to Olive Plants in your post.  Then come back and link your post's url to the link list below.  Please provide the url specific to your post and not your blog's general web address.
 
Here are the questions...
 
  1. Do you prefer coffee or tea?  Hot or cold?  Sugar, cream, etc.?
  2. How did you meet your husband?
  3. What is your favorite subject to teach?  Why?
Here are my answers...

  1. Tea!  Hot in the fall and winter, iced in the spring and summer.  Y'all, I'm from the South so it has to be SWEET! *said with my best southern drawl* ;)
  2. If you read regularly, you already know this one...we met at the MSU BSU at (everyone say it together) the Welcome Back Party
  3. It depends on the day.  Some days I love to teach everything.  Some days I don't like to teach anything.  Most days, I really enjoy math, Latin, and literature.  I'm learning to love history, and my life would be so much nicer if we could just skip science altogether.  Except for bird watching.  Ahh...the days when bird watching counted as science
I look forward to reading your responses.  Come back soon for the next Round about the Table when we will play a round of Balderdash and find an Iron Homeschool Mom.

Next month we will talk about scheduling with priorities as taught by Susan Bradrick in  24 Hours Is All You Get.

Happy Schooling!
Dawn 






2 comments:

Celee said...

I don't drink coffee, but love the frappe type drinks. I started drinking green tea a couple of years ago, but not religiously. I met my husband in SS at a large baptist church in Dallas, TX. He was teaching our class and I asked him all the hard questions :). I love our read aloud time of history and lit- it's really all I teach, if you can call it that. I hate teaching Grammar- yuck! Math comes easily to me, so teaching can be tedious and frustrating. I prefer to let my kids figure out their math for themselves. It makes us all a lot happier. I direct their writing, but don't really consider it teaching. I guess I don't really teach much of anything, come to think of it. I'm just around to answer questions.

Celee

Kellie said...

Okay, I did it. But let me tell you, that was not easy. I've been debating all day whether or not to hit the publish button. : )