Don't miss your chance to win a copy of
24 Hours Is All You Get.
Click here to enter my give-away!
Well, I knew it would happen eventually.
When one loses almost six pounds one week, then a pound and half the next, and almost three and a half the week after that, things have to stabilize eventually.
This week, my weight was exactly the same as last week.
Which keeps my total weight loss at 9.2 lbs!
And I'm still celebrating because a little over nine pounds in one month is something to celebrate!
I didn't really do anything different this week. I kept to the same caloric intake and went swimming twice and even exercised on the gazelle once.
And, at one point, I found myself on a horse riding it for what seemed like a thousand miles. It was probably more like two or three, but it seemed like a thousand. And riding a horse is something I would never do intentionally. PAIN FLARE UP afterwards!!
Oh, and how exactly does one ride a horse unintentionally, you wonder? You'll have to wait for my weekly wrap-up to find out.
For now, back to the point...
I have probably hit a plateau and just need to stay the course. I expect my numbers will be more realistic from here on out and I am so glad I'm not in this alone!!
In fact a few of you have commented and emailed this week about wanting to join me. Weight loss is a a really hard thing to accomplish. Which means that we really do need each other for help, encouragement, accountability, and prayer. These are all my reasons for blogging about my progress.
But it is a really sensitive topic, and going public may not be the best option for everyone who wants to join me. So I am going to provide several options for joining in, and you choose what would work best for you. To do a Wednesday Weigh-in of your own, do one or more of the following:
- Continue to read and pray for me.
- Leave your prayer requests and updates as comments or email me privately if you would prefer.
- Join My Fitness Pal and request to be my friend. I'm user homeschooldawn. It's kind of like facebook. Certain info is private while some is public. I have my account set so that only the amount I lose is visible to others. My actual weight is private. If you join, the whole world does not have to see your private data; however, we can write encouraging notes on each other's wall and provide each other support.
- Write a Wednesday Weigh-in post each week and link back in to Olive Plants. Starting today, I will add a Linky to my posts so we can organize our efforts! To participate, write about your progress and post to your blog. You don't have to share your actual weight or how much you intend to lose, just how much you lost (or didn't) that week. Grab my icon from the top of this post and display it on your post. I would love it if everyone would include prayer requests each week, too.
- That I won't be discouraged by this plateau and will stay the course. My chief goal in this is to glorify God and find my contentment in Him. Discouragement is just a symptom of discontent and a product of pride. May God keep me from it.
- For extra measures of grace to exercise through pain. I had two flare ups this week, one horse-induced and the other for no apparent reason. I praise the Lord for His grace and help.
- That God would be pleased to help others through this blog series and that he would raise up a Christian support group. That we would encourage one another in the Lord, with Scripture and prayer and that our goals would be pleasing to Him.
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence ... I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Eph 3:12, 16-19
Happy Healthy Living!