Friday, November 1, 2013

My Favorite Hymns

One of my favorite bloggers, Kellie at Blue House Academy, just wrapped up one of my favorite blog series. Through October, she shared 31 Hymns I (well, SHE, but I'm quoting here) Love. It was wonderful to have a daily reminder to sing worship to God hit my inbox each morning. Thanks, Kellie!

She wrapped up the series by asking her readers to share their favorites. Choosing 10 that were not already on her list was quite a task. We did not have to pick an original list, but I'm funny like that. Not wanting to copy and paste her work, I have expanded the challenge a bit. ;-)

Here are the hymns she included in her series that would make my ultimate top 10 list. You should click over to listen to the great musical arrangements she included in many of her posts.

  1. Fairest Lord Jesus
  2. Marvelous Grace of Our Loving Lord
  3. O, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus!
  4. Great Is Thy Faithfulness
  5. Come Thou Fount
  6. A Mighty Fortress Is Our God 

Now, here are the hymns that make my official (not on Kellie's list) top 10. (See how sneaky I am about narrowing down a really, really long list!):

  1. My Jesus, I Love Thee
  2. When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
  3. Jesus, Lover of My Soul (I couldn't find a video I liked for this one. How did you find all that great music, Kellie?!)
  4. Not What My Hands Have Done
  5. Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted
  6. Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise
  7. Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us
  8. Good Christian Men Rejoice (I had to get ONE Christmas hymn on the list!)
  9. His Eye Is on the Sparrow (Hey, you knew I would work birds into this somehow! This is a favorite because it is one the boys and I have always enjoyed singing together, particularly when we go bird watching.)
  10. Amazing Grace
Thanks for a great month of hymns, Kellie! I hope my readers enjoy my choices as much as I enjoyed yours.

Blessings,

 photo myblogsignature.png

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Your list is wonderful! I love, love, love Stricken and Afflicted. When I made up my list I had so many that I figured I would probably end up doing Christmas and Good Friday/Easter lists too at some point, so that's why it wasn't included.

I'll have to tell you a funny story about His Eye Is on the Sparrow sometime, or maybe I shouldn't because you'll probably hate me then. : ) But it is a lovely hymn.

The videos? I know, it can be hard sometimes. It seemed like when I couldn't find something on youtube, vimeo would have something, so it did seem like a God-thing that I found so many wonderful videos. I definitely spent way too much time watching videos last month. ; )

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a whole post for this. I know it can't be easy when you're not feeling well. ((hugs))