Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thanks Ron!

This picture is of Michael and me on either side of a great man whom we both love dearly. His name is Ron, and he retires this week from 40 years of faithful service directing student ministries on campuses in Ohio, Florida, and Tennessee. We just returned from Memphis, our alma mater, where a banquet was held in his honor.
College was a turning point in my life. I entered as a career-oriented feminist, set on making my mark on the world. I exited as a child of God with a heart turned toward ministry, longing for the day that I would be able to home school my children. The reason for the drastic change... what happened at the BSU during the years in between.
It was there that I first fell in love with my Savior, Jesus Christ. Then, I fell in love with my dear Michael. Finally, the Lord gave me a passion for teaching children, leading me into the field of education with the hope of home schooling one day.
I am so grateful to Ron for the work he did for our benefit. His constant presence in our lives and his teaching of the Word impacted my life in ways that I struggle to find words to express. I hope that he enjoys his retirement as much as I enjoyed my college years, thanks to him and the BSU.

No comments: