Friday, November 21, 2008

Thank You

Have you ever experienced a time in life when you aimed for something, a worthy goal, only to reach an entirely different end... one that came from out-of-the-blue and left you speechless? That is what happened to me this week as a result of the Homeschool Blog Awards.

When I learned I had received the nomination for Best New Homeschool Blog, I had my eyes on the prizes and on increasing my readership. I didn't get the goods, but my readership did increase. Thank you to everyone at the Homeschool Post for your hard work in bringing this competition together. All of us gained from the two-week experience, and I appreciate it.

However, the best outcome of this event was something I never expected. Friends from all over the country, rather all over the world, united to vote for me. I received e-mails and phone calls of support. I watched as my site meter showed hits from four different continents. How cool it was to experience friends old and new, near and far, rallying for my sake. Thank you all so much. You have made my day... no, week... no, YEAR!!!

So, the prize for me has been knowing that I have some of the best friends in the world, bloggy and real life. Thank you for sending those compliments and for taking the time to cast your vote for me. I am humbled by your love and support.

Know that my commitment to write, to homeschool and to be a keeper at home flows from a grateful heart. Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, paid the highest price for my sake. I write, teach and live with the assurance that I have "redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace." Eph 1:7

I pray that as you read and keep up with the happenings of this bloggy friend that you will experience "this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Rom 5:2

Thank you, friends. I love you all.

No comments: