Monday, September 15, 2008

Soccer Time

Bruster had his first soccer game Saturday. He is the cutie pie in the green uniform to the left and is a "green dragon" this year. In his age division, score is not kept, but he gave it his best effort Saturday. He blocked two goals; goalie seems to be his favorite position. We all had a great time watching him play.

I never thought I would get so excited about a game. I have NEVER been a sports fan. I don't even enjoy the Super Bowl or the World Series. But something happens when your child is on the field. I became that crazy mom on the sidelines yelling, "That's my baby!" He really is my baby, even though I haven't been able to cradle him for years. "Behold! Children are an inheritance of Jehovah; the fruit of the womb is his reward," says Psalm 127:3. What a joy it is to be a soccer mom.

No comments: