Friday, March 27, 2009

What Was I Thinking?!?!

Occasionally it happens. I make a change, thinking I am exercising good judgment, but it just turns out wrong. What was supposed to be the styling choice of the century, ends up being awful, and all I can do is step back, look at the mess, and exclaim, "What was I thinking?!?!"

Like the time I got this perm...

The braces had just been put on, and I thought I needed a new look to match.

However, the spiral perm did not turn out as well as I had imagined it would.

Then there was the time I chose this dress for my senior picture...

Wow! Not my most stylish moment.

But, the doozie of all my doozies was this bathroom...

Yes, I actually did pick out that shower curtain!

Then, I chose the horrible chocolate brown paint to match.

I can't really explain why. Temporary insanity, maybe. Perhaps, I thought it would hide dirt.

Fortunately, hair styles grow out.

This is what the perm looked like after it relaxed and I learned how to use hot rollers (oh, and after the braces came off)...

Likewise, fashions change.

I came to my senses around my high school graduation and toned things down a little...

How glad I am that there are no gigantic flowers on my cap and gown!

Likewise, ugly paint can be painted over.

Here is the newly remodeled bathroom...

Much better, isn't it?

I am so thankful for second chances. Sometimes I have to get it wrong before I can get it right. As I (and others) worked so hard to correct my mistakes, I could not help but reflect on God's grace and patience with me. How thankful I am that God is Love, and Love is Patient. I pray that I will in turn exhibit Christ-like patience towards others.

For more on God's grace and Christ-like patience, visit again soon for "Magic Erasers".

Blessings!

Dawn

P.S. This is a list of the changes made to the bathroom, for those of you who are interested.

The ceiling was replaced with a mold/mildew resistant dry wall, and new lights and fan were installed. It was painted with Kilz Colors "French Bistro". New cabinets, wains coating and chair railing were installed as was new linoleum. I added a border bought at Wal Mart for the finishing touch.

2 comments:

Raising Olives said...

I had a perm and haircut just like that. I also was less than impressed with how my spiral perm turned out. Oh my!

I love the bathroom, great choices. It is so much brighter.

Great job!

Blessings,
Kimberly

argsmommy said...

The bathroom looks great!

I, on the other hand, loved my spiral perm. Ahh, memories...

Thanks for the chuckle,
Kellie