Monday, February 14, 2011

I just blogged to say...

On Feb. 14th each year, I turn into a sappy sentimentalist. 

Nineteen years ago today, my husband, who was my guy friend whom I thought was really cool at the time, gave me two roses and an original poem.  He couldn't quite get the words out as he handed me the flowers but later "just called to say 'I love you'". 

He's called me just to say those three words regularly since then.

Yesterday we celebrated Valentine's Day early with our traditional steak and shrimp dinner.  While we ate, we told the boys stories of our relationship and let them know how much we love each other and them.  I played an old mixed tape that Michael made for me when we were courting, and we all giggled at the sound of Daddy's 20-something voice.  I got teary-eyed as the young man on the tape talked about how he could love me because of God's love for us.

This morning I played my favorite love song on YouTube and danced with my two little Valentines, Orville and Wilbur.  I let them know that I could love them because of God's love for us.

They laughed at Stevie Wonder's corded telephone.

Ah...isn't love grand?!

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!  I just blogged to say "I LOVE YOU!"

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Love you too! : )

What a great idea to tell the kids stories about your relationship. Honestly, at our family Valentine's dinner we tend to focus on God's love and our family's love, but not enough about our love as a couple. What a shame! Thank you so much for the reminder.