Friday, December 11, 2009

Nutter Butter Snowmen


It just isn't Christmas until I've dipped something in melted almond bark.

I made the Nutter Butter snowmen, pictured above, for our church's annual caroling party. I found the recipe at Taste of Home, and they are so easy to make. You simply dip Nutter Butter cookies in melted almond bark, place on wax paper, and arrange the candy to look like eyes, noses, and buttons. The scarves were done with deco glitter gel after the almond bark had set.

I decided to stray from the Taste of Home recipe and make my guys armless.

Okay, I forgot to buy the pretzels.

I could only fit two M&M's on my snowmen, and they look a little bug-eyed. That would be because I missed the words "miniature chocolate chips" and "M&M's miniature baking bits" in the recipe.

My reading comprehension is much lower this time of year. I have the Fa-la-la-la-la LA-luh-luh-duh syndrome.

I did come up with the idea of adding candy corn noses instead of using orange deco gel. I think that's pretty cute. Maybe a little big... but cute! I don't know if they make miniature candy corn.

What's most important is that my taste testers, a.k.a. Orville and Wilbur, give them two thumbs up!

Happy Cookie Making!

Dawn

4 comments:

argsmommy said...

They are so darling, even with your creative variations! : )

I don't think I would be able to trust myself with a package of Nutter Butters though -- I have a weakness for cookies and those rank right up there with Oreos.)

homeschooldawn said...

Thanks, Kellie.

I chose Nutter Butters for a reason... I can resist them. Though I did sneak a couple of M&Ms.

I usually make chocolate mint cookies or candy coat Oreos. Can't pass those up so I didn't make them!

Debra said...

Oooh, I wish I had read this when you posted it! I have to bring dessert to Scouts tonight, and these are adorable. Of course, I probably should stick with something I don't have to buy stuff for. So I guess it is good...

Adorable though. Simply adorable.

Unknown said...

They look YUMMY!! I love nutter butter too! :)