Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Product Review: Tektoma

Photobucket

When I received a Tektoma membership as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I felt certain my boys would love it.

Tektoma offers GameMaker tutorials and teaches you step-by-step how to create your own computer games. My boys set out to create a race car game which is right up their alley. They are gamers and particularly like non-violent, racing games.

The tutorials are very good, offering both audio and video support. You see what you should be doing at the same time you are listening to the instructor explain the steps to follow. It is simple to use and good for all ages.

Surprisingly, my boys were not that interested. I do not understand why. I guess they like playing the games but not creating them.

If you have a young gamer in your family who would enjoy making a game of his or her own, I highly recommend Tektoma. Membership costs $14.95 per month or $140 per year. For the quality of instruction offered, I think the price is reasonable.

Not sure if your child would fall in love with game making or be bored to tears by it, Tektoma offers a free 14- day trial.

I was given a free membership to Tektoma in order to complete this review. I have received no other compensation. I have offered my honest opinion. For more reviews, visit the TOS Homeschool Crew blog.

No comments: