Monday, October 13, 2008

New Format

I started this blog thinking that I would only journal our school work. However, as more and more of you visit and comment (or send me e-mails), I am developing a heart for building a community. I long for my blog to be a place where you will be inspired to work as unto the Lord, find encouragement, and most importantly develop edifying online friendships. I pray that as I write and you comment, we will have an "iron sharpening iron" effect on each other.

So, to bring more order and to develop that community, I am going to try a new format. Each day, I will write on these designated topics:

Mathletes Mondays- This is for my team. Visit each week to receive feedback and hints.

Teaching Tip Tuesdays- I come from a long line of teachers and have been in the business myself for over 15 years. I will pull one of my best tricks out of my hat and share it with you. I hope to hear back from you. Do you have a related idea to share? Have you tried my tip? If so, how did it work?

Wisdom Wednesdays- This is a time for encouragement. I will share my reflections and life-lessons as they relate to my growth in Christ.

Thrifty Thursdays- All of us stay-at-home moms have to be resourceful and frugal. Making a one-salary income stretch in our two-income society is a challenge. As the wife of a dedicated teacher, I know first-hand the challenges of living simply and frugally. I will share my best strategies and want to hear yours. May we encourage one another to keep our hearts turned toward home and our eyes turned from the things of the world.

Farewell Fridays- This will be a time for me to reflect on the week. I may post some school work. I may share what not to do... sometimes my ideas blow up in my face! Whatever I choose to share, it will be light-hearted and fun.

For the next two weeks, I am dedicated to posting each day and seeing how this format goes. After that, school will be back in session for us and I may not be able to post every day. But as I perform this blogging "experiment" feel free to question, comment, and share. God bless.

4 comments:

Amy W said...

Love this idea, Dawn! I think that He has been speaking to us both in a similar fashion! I love the idea of community, and I also love that you have come up with catchy names for each day! Now, can you come up with one for the prayer group????? I'm still stuck! :) I look forward to reading your thoughts on schooling and inspiration! Love ya!
~Amy

Melissa Lester said...

It sounds like this will be a rich place to visit! The new format sounds engaging and fun.

Christiana said...

Love this idea! Can't wait to read your posts! :)

Molly said...

This sounds great, Dawn! I'll be checking it out! I love what you are doing with Pilgrim's Progress. We've read it twice and it has been such a blessing both times. I would go so far as to add that every family should read it annually!!
Love, Molly