Monday, November 2, 2009

Not Me Monday: Not MY Baby

My baby does not turn nine-years-old today. No way. I refuse to let this happen. I am not old enough to be the mother of a nine-year-old and will not admit that my youngest has reached sucn an age.



For weeks now, I have not thought about the day I learned my little surprise was on the way and wondered where the time has gone.





The picture above does not make me cry. He wasn't sucking his thumb during his ultrasound which did not cause everyone in the room that day to sigh in unison.


He wasn't a sweet baby, either. He never saw the beauty in anything.



As a little boy, he has not filled our house with joy, fun, and laughter.


So though I really don't know where the time has gone, I do know that I am blessed beyond measure to have shared nine years with such a sweet child. I look forward to the days ahead as my little boy grows to be a man.





Happy Birthday Wilbur!

You are so loved.

No comments: