AVKO aims "to provide free and low-cost resources to home and school educators in order to achieve literacy for all, even despite learning challenges or dyslexia."* Their Research Director, Don McCabe, wrote To Teach a Dyslexic, and Sequential Spelling was born from his research and theories.
- 5 free downloadable ebooks, including To Teach a Dyslexic
- Free access to Don McCabe's most popular workshops
- Discounts on all printed AVKO materials, including Sequential Spelling
- AVKO Newsletter
- Supplemental materials for Sequential Spelling and for general language arts instruction
- Pretests and placement tests
There were a few supplemental materials that I found helpful; however, I was not able to use most of what this membership provides. I do not use Sequential Spelling, and AVKO does not fit my homeschooling needs.
If you already use Sequential Spelling, you would most likely find the membership very helpful and well worth $25 per year for an individual.
I was provided a one-year membership to AVKO for free for the purpose of writing this review. I have received no other compensation and have provided my honest, unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product. Your experience could differ from mine. I recommend you visit the TOS Homeschool Crew blog to read my crewmates reviews.