Monday, November 8, 2010

Welcome to Olive Plants!

Join Me at The Homeschool Post!
The Homeschool Blog Award nominees have been released, and voting has begun.  I am excited to announce that Olive Plants has been nominated as Best Encourager!

 If you are visiting from the HSBA Post, WELCOME!  I am so glad you stopped in.

You will find the posts that my regular readers have deemed "most encouraging" linked under the heading "Words of Encouragement" in my sidebar.  I am honored to receive this nomination because I want this blog to be encouraging more than anything else.  Thank you to those who nominated me, and if you would like to vote for Olive Plants, click here to head over to The Post.

For those who are visiting, I thought you might want to know more about two regular Olive Plants series: Round about the Table and Wednesday Weigh-ins.

Each week in Round About, we pull up a cyber chair to "talk" round about our cyber table about issues important to us homeschooling moms.  In the first four segments, we have been getting to know each other, playing games, and winning prizes.  I am currently working on a When School Gets Tough devotion which I plan to post soon.  Please stay tuned!

On Wednesdays I step on the scale to see if I have lost weight and report in to my readers.  I have struggled with chronic pain for years and am working to lose the weight I gained from an inactive lifestyle.  It's a struggle because exercise is really hard for me, and the encourager needs encouragement in this area.  So I write with the hope that the Lord will bless my readers in the process, too.

Thank you for stopping in.  I hope you will leave a comment and let me know you were here.  I love comments!!

Thank you again for the nomination and for your votes!  Olive Plants readers are the best!!

Happy Voting!
Dawn

p.s.  Make sure you check out Blue House Academy, Kingdom Arrows, SouthForte Farms, and Counter-cultural School, four blogs which are also nominated and that I think are just great!!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Dawn, you're blog has been so encouraging to me since I found you through the blog awards a couple of years ago, and I'm so blessed to have you as a friend. You have my vote!!!