Below is a list of the "Best of HSD." These are the posts that received the most comments or have special meaning to me. For my loyal readers, I hope you enjoy a look back. If you are new here, please enjoy this sampling of what HSD is all about.
- June: My blogging adventure began by taking a look at how our children need for us to permit them opportunities for Learning from Mistakes. A firestorm of unfortunate events caused me to ponder the validity of Murphy's Law.
- July: As we began the first session of our year-round school, we encountered a Providential Visitor. Michael and I enjoyed a trip to Memphis where we attended a retirement dinner for the man who was our college's BSU director. This dinner doubled as a great BSU Reunion.
- August: I questioned the "Martha Stewart Syndrome" in Gardening and the Homeschool. In preparation for coordinating my homeschool association's Spotlight Night, I posted this list of 101 Project Ideas.
- September: I reminisced in Skidooing, sharing a lesson I learned as a young mother from Blue's Clues. I posted video of BT's crowd-pleasing performance as Patrick Henry.
- October: I began my Wisdom Wednesday segment with my Christian testimony in Why Homeschool Dawn? I shared the most important lesson I learned as an inner-city teacher in Harvest Time.
- November: I shared how I learned to rest in God's sovereignty during a period of infertility and miscarriages in The Strong Tower. In Consolation Prize?, I contemplated the value of heavenly treasure. I lost the bid for Best New Homeschool Blog in the Homeschool Blog Awards but received rave reviews for My Concession.
- December: The year ended with my personal favorites: One in Her Arms, Legacy and The Desire of My Heart, each of which gave testimony to God's faithfulness to my family.
I have a few plans for my return to blogging in January.
- A New Name: I will reveal a new name for my blog which represents my vision for homeschooling.
- A Series on Socialization: Every homeschooler has been challenged by this argument. As a homeschooler with ties to the public schools, I frequently find myself in the position of having to defend my world view. I will begin a series on this topic in January.
- Shocking News from Subway: This will be the next installment in my Christian testimony series.
- House Updates: Our remodeling adventure begins. Stay tunded for updates on the progress.
Have a blessed and Happy New Year. I look forward to rejoining you all here in the blogosphere soon.